Public Records > Free Background Check
Significant development of the Internet in the past decade resulted in vast possibilities that were given to Internet users. Various government agencies had made public records accessible online. Some are published at governmental websites, some are available via third-party services. Some are provided absolutely free, other are offered at low-cost prices. We’ve collected the most popular services which provide free access to public records online.
- Google search
- Phone books
- Social Networks
- Vital Records
- Employment History
- Criminal Records
Google as the world’s largest and the most powerful search engine is also used as a resource for locating people. Actually, Google people search is the first place you should visit, and the most likely you’ll get a satisfactory result.
Online phone numbers directories:
- Yahoo Phone Numbers and Addresses – provides various directories, such as business, email addresses, reverse lookup, celebrities, telephone directory and more.
- Anywho – a free directory, white pages, yellow pages.
- Infobel – an extensive directory available in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
- Internet 800 Directory – search by service, company name , product, or phone number.
Social Networks Search
It’s hard to keep off a social network. Probably, the person you’re searching for has created a profile in one of such network, blog or discussion board.
- YoName is a free searching website that looks through a list of over popular social networks and blogs, such as Blogger, Buzznet, Deviantart, Digg, FaceBook, Flickr Fotolog, Last.fm, MySpace, SmugMug, Twitter, YouTube, and even more.
- Wink scans MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn, Friendster, Bebo, Hi5, and more. It is also offering email and phone number search, as well as background check.
You can start vital records search from huge portals.
- National Center for Health Statistics – direct access to public records. First, choose a state, then one of the category birth, marriage, or divorce, death.
- Virtual Gumshoe – the biggest directory of services that are providing public records.
- BRB Publications – a listing of links leading to government agencies that are offering free access to
- ZoomInfo pays much attention to company details. It offers free access to their database of over 45M people and 5M companies.
- The WorkNumber – provides employment verification including federal government and local employers. Here you can also check eligibility for social services.
- Acxiom – offers reports including driving records, criminal record checks, and credit reports.
- Abso– helps to avoid the risk of a bad hire by providing accurate background checks.
Criminal records vary from state to state. You can also find criminal records at employment screening providers.
- Criminal Searches offers criminal records based on name, location, or date of birth. The entire case records
are provided for a fee.
- FBI Most Wanted provides information on featured fugitives including murders, crimes against children, sexual offenders, cyber crimes, domestic terrorism, and more.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons Inmate Locator– records of sentenced Federal inmates.
- FindLaw’s Legal Directory
features detailed profiles of attorneys. Advanced search allows to find an attorney by a city, state, or legal issue.
3 Responses to “Public Records > Free Background Check”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.